Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Idol Finale


Fav Song Picked by the Contestants:

Adam: What can I say except that I loved it! True though, the outfit and performance was indeedy a walk in the "Twilight" park.

Kris: Short and sweet - thought it was great! (Kara is being her usual annoying self and Paula is being spiritual tonight.) Simon just announced that Kris won the first round!

Song Picked by Simon Fuller (creator of AI):

Adam: He was pretty spiffy in his suit, no? I'm so glad he didn't have Elvis hair! Wonderful performance.

Kris: I really like Kris behind the keyboard or with the guitar and I think he should keep it that way most of the time - it really enhances his performances (although he still does something really weird with his mouth)!

Contestants Singing Kara's song "Boundaries":

Adam: Holy crap! Thought he really rocked. Randy gave his customary comment of "That was pitchy dog".

Kris: The song started out a little rough for me. He didn't do as well with this song as Adam (actually it paled in comparison) but now I'm wondering if that was planned. Kara said the song was obviously too high for him but we already know that Adam can sing that high - so was that fixed or not? I guess it doesn't really matter because the judges all but announced that Adam would be the next AI winner! Gee Kris, I guess you have no chance in hail now...

5 comments:

kbee said...

I liked Adams long coat. It would have been even better in leather! Chelsea thought so too.

We thought the same thing about Kara's song. That it was geared toward Adam. I've never liked the coronation songs and this one was no exception. The fact that Kara co-wrote it didn't help...and you know how much we all love Kara :)

I don't know about Adam winning. Where are Danny Gokey's votes going to go? Danny lovers are going to switch to Adam? Hmmm
The viewers will choose and I'm kind of thinking that Kris just might pull this one off.

Similar subject, another show. Dancing with the stars crowned their winner last night and it was Shawn Johnson. I like her but she wasn't the best all season. The viewers made the difference. It will be fun to see what happens tonight!

beavmom said...

I really don't think Kris will win it. I just don't see it but who knows.

Shawn? Oh pooh! I didn't watch it last night - went to bed instead. No way was Shawn the best dancer! It was still fun to watch though.

kbee said...

Kris won! Kris won! Told ya!

I liked both of them so it didn't make any difference to me who won :)

beaver said...

Yeah, but even Kris knew that Adam was better than him. Did you see his reaction!

beav said...

Adam should've won. Told you the show is set up! Granted that a girl didn't win this year like the pattern would've said but maybe the producers finally realized, "Hey, America isn't as dumb as we thought!" Hmph. Oh well, Adam still rocks my socks and I'm going to like him more.

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)