Monday, February 9, 2009

Talk of the 00's


I remember that not too long ago, I didn't know what a blog was and now of course, I have one. I admit though, that it did take me quite awhile to figure it out. I guess it's inevitable that as you grow older, the generation gap increases. There will always be new words and sayings to come along that I will not have the faintest clue of their meaning.

Maybe someone can enlighten me. I have two words I would like to know what the heck they mean. I would ask my teenager because they always seem to know WAY more than you think they do but every time I think about it, she's at play practice. So, now I'm blogging about it.

  1. What is a tool? No, not a wrench, but in the meaning of "He's such a tool".

  2. Twitter. OK, what is twittering? No, not when a bird does it. As in "Twitter me". Umm....what?

Clueless in NC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twitter - it's like a MySpace or Facebook. You're answering the guestion, "What are you doing?" with short to-the-point answers. Kind of like status updates.

Tool - I could use tool and idiot interchangeably.

Anonymous said...

yeah tool is like a guy who's too into himself...not good boyfriend...idiot, self centered. Never heard of twitter though.

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)