Friday, January 23, 2009

Bucket List


Anybody see the movie "The Bucket List"? It was a pretty entertaining movie and of course it made you think what your own bucket list would look like (especially after my very own flesh and blood 16-yr old made one too). So alas, I made one as well (if my husband made one though, it would be called "The Fishbucket List"). Please note two things that are obviously missing from my list - jumping out of an airplane and bungee jumping. Also, please know that this was done completely and quite satisfactorily - on purpose! Well, here it is but not necessarily in this particular order:


  1. Buy a "trailer by the sea" (actually, I'd rather have a quaint cottage by the ocean and my sister lives next door).

  2. I've only been out of the country to Canada so I would especially love to go to Scotland, Italy, Ireland, Australia, Scotland, Yorkshire.

  3. Go on a second honeymoon to some exotic island like Aruba, Fiji, Tahiti.

  4. Go to Hawaii - to include a helicopter ride over a volcano.

  5. See the Northern Lights.

  6. See my daughter get married.

  7. Be a grandma.

  8. Have a small place in the Chicago area so I could be near my sister part of the year.

  9. Buy season tickets to the Hurricanes.

  10. Hire a personal chef (for at least a week anyway).

  11. Be healthy.

  12. Fly in the fastest fighter jet.

  13. Do the no-gravity thing like the astronauts do in training.

  14. Go to New York and see a Broadway show and go shopping.

  15. Buy a sailboat.
  16. Be a judge on Iron Chef America.
  17. A hug from George Clooney or Michael Weatherly - or both!
  18. And last, but not least, my sister actually blogging!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write an entire blog just so you could shame me into blogging sooner?

Anonymous said...

Did it work?

Anonymous said...

At least I got an official comment out of you though...you know how I live for them. :)

Anonymous said...

Uh...if you could actually call that commentary! Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

I think I should be able to write a "blog", email to you and you can paste or whatever it is you do, into YOUR blog. You know, kind of a guest blog thing. Yeah, a guest blog!

Anonymous said...

There's a "trailer by the sea" waiting for you on Island View Circle. LOL

Anonymous said...

You had your chance for NY, shopping and Broadway when we lived 20 minutes from it!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll take you up on the guest blog thing. How about you write a Bucket List and I'll post it for you!

beav said...

okay I have two things to say. One: auntie, you said lol. Wow.
Two: I've already done nĂºmero fourteen on your list. Haha. :P

Phil's Grill said...

We saw the Bucket List and really liked the movie. The pictures are up of the Grilln'Opoly game. Hope you have a great week.
Betty

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)