Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just So You Know


There are some things that may annoy some parents, but for some reason, bring joy to my heart. Like when I'm sitting downstairs in the family room but I can plainly hear Kaitlin talking and laughing and being totally silly on the cell phone. She always sounds like she is having the best time! I think it is endearing that she has "peeps" that she talks to "in their own special language". I'm immediately at peace when I hear her practicing her flute...I could listen for hours. I smile to myself when she is IM'ing her friends and I overhear her chuckling at some inside joke. I like when she invites her friends over and I can watch them have a really good time together.

Sure, their room gets really messy and they don't always feel like doing the dishes, but teenagers annoying? Naw! My daughter brings me great joy. K - I love you so very, very much.

2 comments:

beav said...

Um...ew. =P

Anonymous said...

Eee-gads, everything's ew this week :)

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)