Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Easy Button


I'm a big fan of prayer. I do it all the time. I like to pray. Prayers are beautiful but I am not a big fan of email chain prayers that have flashing pictures of angels and end with "Now make a wish, spin around 3 times and email this to 412 people and your prayer will come true". I'm not a theologian, but I can tell you right now, that ain't how it works. Come on people - there's really no Staples Easy Button! I admit that sometimes the prayers that are sent are very lovely. If they are so lovely that I feel compelled to share them, I copy and paste the prayer, just the prayer, into a new email and send it to those I think might appreciate it. But I'm here to tell you that I do not, and will not, pass on a stupid, superstitious, pagan "don't break the chain" prayer email and I don't care who sends it to me. Uh, OK - I'm done now.

No comments:

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)