Tuesday, April 21, 2009

AI - Disco Night


Lil (I'm Every Woman) - I still think she stinks. Period. She's the next to go home.

Kris (She Works Hard for the Money) - It didn't sound at all like the song I'm used to hearing but I guess that's why I liked his version of it. Nice job.

Danny (September) - I don't know - it was kinda boring. I'm on the fence.

Allison (Hot Stuff) - Uh, wow. What did you think of that outfit? Somebody needs to clue her in that pudgy rolls do not look good in tight leather! Her performance just wasn't good for me. (Boy, what has Simon grinning so much right now? )

Adam (If I Can't Have You)- OK, so his hair tonight is a little reminiscent of Sanjaya don't ya think but he definitely made this song his very own didn't he. You just never know what he's going to do next. He just continues to blow everybody clean away with his performances. (OK, now I know why Simon keeps grinning and laughing. He's making fun of Paula - yeah, do you feel the pain?)

Matt (Stayin Alive) - He picked the most disco-sounding song he could possibly find. I feared it was going to be totally cheesy and maybe the song itself was (I would have never picked that song) but he still sang really good.

Anoop (Gonna Dance the Night Away?) - Dawg didn't do it for me tonight. It was borderline cheesy. I agree with Simon on this one - really mediocre.

Well, it was disc0 night but it seemed everyone was afraid to sound like they were actually singing disco.

Top: Doesn't it go without saying?

Bottom Three: Lil, Anoop, Danny

2 comments:

kbee said...

Well, it was Anoop and Lil. I hated to see Anoop go, since he was hitting his stride but he didn't have a chance of winning Idol so he was going sooner or later :)
Danny in the bottom 3? Too soon for that. He has too big of a fan base. Allison just isn't building a following. She has been in the bottom 3 consistently.
I'll predict your bottom 3 for next week, even though I haven't watched them yet, since I'll be on vacation and won't get to see Idol. Boo-hoo!
Allison, Matt, hmmmm, can't settle on a third.
I'm not saying they deserve to be in the bottom 3, it's just who I think the fans are going for right now :)

beav said...

See? I don't even have to watch the show anymore. You watch it for me! :)

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)