Tuesday, April 7, 2009

AI Top 8 - The 80's

** UPDATE: RESULTS SHOW **
Did anyone catch Danny Gokey dancing off-beat in the group opening? Ha! That was really funny! He kept trying to get it in sync but couldn't so finally stopped dancing.

Adam was the first to be safe and rightly so. His performance last night was awesome (plus it didn't hurt that he no longer sported the Elvis 'do)! Anoop is the first to head to the triple-threat stools (although I thought Kris's performance was worse).

Flo Rida performed tonight. Ok, so tell me the truth, did you understand anything they were singing? I really hate when a singer has to have an entire entourage of women on stage with them. Seacrest called them his harem. Oh, please!


Scott MacIntyre was the second to head to the bottom 3 stools and Lil followed soon after. So we have our bottom three: Anoop, Scott and Lil (I think Scott should go home first)

Kelly Pickler performed next (and folks, I still think she can't sing).

Going home tonight is (drum roll please) -- Scott. (Sorry Scott - it was time for you to go man.)






  1. Danny - Stand By Me: Paula was standing up groovin' like it was the best thang she ever heard. Sorry Paula, it wasn't that good. I thought he only came alive at the very end of the song - everything before that was just weak. (How many pairs of glasses do you have Danny Boy?)

  2. Kris - All She Wants to Do Is Dance: Hated, hated, hated his version of this song.

  3. Lil - What's Love Got to Do With It: The beginning was really rough and it was more like she was trying to do a Tina impersonation than making the song her own. Simon used the word "ghastly". Whew, Lil! You may be in really big trouble after this one. Well, I'm so glad we got her name straight. I guess it won't matter now since she is goin' home.

  4. Anoop Dawg - True Colors: Ooooh, I think you're still in trouble my Chapel Hill friend. It just wasn't great dude (although the judges seemed to like it).

  5. Scott - The Search Is Over: Scott, it really freaked me out when you walked out at the beginning of the show and acted like you could really see the audience. Heck, I thought you could see me. OK, so he decided to come out from behind the piano but he should have stayed there. Oh, Scott, Scott, Scott - it was simply awful. I was actually embarrassed for you. Sometimes it was almost as if you were sort of mumbling or slurring - like you had one too many beers. I agree with Simon that the guitar playing did not sync with the singing. Lil, I think you're safe this week after all.

  6. Allison - I Can't Make You Love Me: Your clothes were once again horrendous. It was just OK for me. I keep saying that but at this point, the songs should be great, not just OK. I'm really bored with the mediocre performances tonight.

  7. Matt - Part Time Lovers: Matt has redeemed himself on this one and saved the show from being totally dull tonight.

  8. Adam: OMGosh! I have to finally admit it. Adam is the American Idol hands down after this performance. He blew me away tonight. Wow! Nobody even compared to him tonight - not even Matt - not even close.



It's going to be hard to pick the bottom three because almost all were so second-rate.




Top Three: Adam (of course), Matt and ? (I don't think there was a top 3)




Bottom Three: Scott, Kris, Lil

2 comments:

kbee said...

I agree with your top and bottom picks.

Adam was great.

The guys here HATE to have to admit that he's that good but they're totally caving now - ha!

beav said...

I tooooollllddd yooouuuu Adam was amazing...I tooold youuu....

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)