
I moved to North Carolina in '82. Soon after moving, I remember watching TV when a reporter said that in the near future, we would be paying to watch TV. I remember thinking, "You have got to be kidding. I will never pay to watch TV"....
We have cable now and our VCR just died. We went to the store to buy another one and a very young guy looked at me very oddly when I told him I wanted to buy another VCR. After a few moments chatting, I learned the "VCR's" they sell nowadays, do not work the way my old one did. After a little deliberation on the cost, Dean decided we would get DVR. We installed one box and thought that it was so awesome, we ordered another box. The cable guy is supposed to come and install it today. Did I say that DVR is awesome?
Times have surely changed...
















7 comments:
You must have gone to the store without Kaitlin. She would have let you know, "Mom and Dad, you're not REALLY going to ask that guy that you want a new VCR!"
Hey where's your Idol blog?
Cook! By 12 million!
Cook-by the rigged votes. I still don't believe in reality shows. =]]
Now the radio is saying that all the "cougars" voted for Cook.
I don't know about the cougar vote because just the day before they were saying that the voting demographic for both davids had changed. Early on it was the young voting for Archie and then they flipped to Cook. In the end, obviously, Cook appealed to people across the board. Archie seems like a nice kids but in the finale, his vocals could not keep up with his performance with One Republic. If his father/manager was as good as he thinks he is, he should have been teaching his son something other than ballads and songs that can show some range. He flops when he goes outside of that comfort zone. Also, I think Cook was rewarded for singing 3 new songs in the finally rather than taking the safe route like Archie did with "Imagine". Heck, that kids been singing that song since he was 11. As for reality shows, we know much is manipulated and scripted. Perfect example, Simon's apology to Cook. There is NO way that he would have done that without knowing who the winner was ahead of time. Simon is first, a businessman and he knew he would have zero credibility if after trashing Cook the night before and then Cook winning by 12 million votes, would make Simon look like he doesn't know what he's talking about when he's judging. He made that apology not to Cook but solely for himself, to try to restore credibility to himself. It DOES show that (even though I enjoy Simon - that's part of the entertainment of the show) Simon doesn't know all and that they aren't fully in touch with what the public wants to hear. I think Archie has a good voice but I don't want to listen to a CD that has songs that all sound alike. Cook demonstrated originality and the talent to rearrange songs to actually make them sound better than some of the originals. It should have been D.C., Michael Johns and Syesha in the final 3. If you want a Broadway performance, I'd pick Syesha over Arch. She has better stage presence. Arch was fortunate to make it to the final 2. Hey, I think I had an opinion on this :)
Oh, for you Christian music listeners out there, Cook has a very similar voice to the lead singer in the Christian band, "Third Day". If you haven't listened to them, give them a try. It's worth it.
Where or where did our Pam...el..la
gooooooooo? Oh where or where has she beennnnnnn?
Post a Comment