The Beaver's have gone hi-tech! We have gone from being bummed out about our VCR dying to upgrading to DVR with our cable company. In doing that, Dean decided to also let go of our 25-yr old TV and we replaced it with a 46" Samsung flatscreen HDTV. It has 1080P resolution (versus a 720 and P versus I technology) and has 120 hertz (versus 60). If you don't know what this all means, don't worry. I didn't know going in - I understood it when the sales guy was explaining it - just don't ask me to explain it to you now (or you may already
have all this great stuff)! Basically, all it means to
me is that it will make the HD experience a lot better. I can't wait.

And on top of all that, since all the DVD's will being going to the new Blu-ray technology, we also purchased a Blu-ray DVD player with an upconvert (which let's you still play all your old DVD's). I don't know what we will do with all of Kaitlin's VHS tapes though - she has hundreds of them!
Well, that's what we've been doing all weekend. The only bad thing is that we won't get all our new technology delivered until next Friday. Well, we've waited 25 years. I guess we can wait another week (but I wonder what they'll have in the next 25 years)! :)
5 comments:
There are businesses that convert vhs to dvd. My parents did it with all our old vhs tapes from when we were kids. That way you still have all the vhs's for hard copy, but can play the dvd's when you want to look at old memories...
m
Everything has gone technology crazy. They are already making a new iphone because the orignial one is already "outdated". How stupid is that? Technology has gotten a bit out of control, I think. Computers, fine. DVD's fine. But all this new advanced stuff is going a bit overboard. Why do we need all of that stuff? Oh well. It IS pretty cool, though. =] I'm actually a bit scared to know what they will think of in the next 25 years. I almost don't want to know.
We're in real trouble. We moved around Easter and our DVD player isn't even hooked up yet. I started NetFlix 6 months ago and we still haven't watched the first DVD's that that they send you :) Now there's technology that is ahead of that?
I seriously think we will not ever view a home movie again. We actually went to a movie at the theater last weekend for the first time, since the last Batman movie. (if the DVD player isn't set up, what else can you do? Ha!) The only chance we have of seeing a movie at home is at our son's or friends house! We are WAY behind the times and now, thank you very much, you have pointed out that we are now, official dinosaurs.
Upside, we've seen Prince Caspian, Iron Man and Indiana Jones in the past 8 days.
(Wait for Indy to go to DVD, not worth a full price ticket)
Sis, if you have cable, you should definitely get DVR. It is soooo worth the price!
Also, I think that in the near future, movie theaters will be obsolete. What do you think?
Well, you're right if last night was an indication. We went to a brand new 18 theater complex which had all of the bells and whistles, including reclining seats. There were about a dozen people in the theater.
We attributed it to it be the eve of Memorial Day and everyone was either too tired for a movie or hung over from their Memorial Day partying a day early.
Our theater complex close to us stays pretty busy though.
I can't stay awake for a movie at home but I can at a theater. I am with movies like Mike is with his coffee. I like the theater experience and he likes going to Starbucks. The theater will have a harder time though if they have to depend on people like us. The weekend before last was our first movie out in three years.
Post a Comment