Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Reality of Re-runs

How can it be re-run season already? I mean, House just started and now it's finished for the season along with all my other favorite shows. Bummer.


Anyway, I started watching this reality show called "Jon & Kate Plus 8". This show is really fun to watch (even though I would be horrified to actually have eight children of my own). I love it when Jon & Kate are in the interview chair and Kate constantly corrects what Jon says or she is always asking him "Are you awake. You're staring", or "Jon, it's not a lunch picnic, it's a picnic lunch!". It's hilarious. I love it when Jon always rolls his eyes. They both have tiffs just like any other couple would but for some reason it's funny the way they do it. Kate is such a control freak and Jon knows that so sometimes he just puts his foot down and says "No, I'm not going to do it", or "Too bad, they are going outside with these clothes on". And being on TV doesn't keep Jon from getting cranky either - he's such a guy. I can't help but smile when I watch this show.

These people do not fake it for the camera and it's funny to watch their real-life happenings with their eight children. I like these kind of real-life reality shows better than reality shows such as the dud show "Beauty and the Geek". And having eight children does not stop these people from traveling or doing every day things that normal folks do (normal as in people who have way less than eight kids!). They go to the amusement park, fly to Utah, go to church, go to parades and they have huge carnival-like birthday parties. If you are really bored with re-run season, give this show a try. You won't regret it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this show too and so do
alot of people I know. For the same reasons as you do.
I do think the older set of twins are going to have some issues as they get older (some are already starting to show up) because of the amount of attention that the younger 6 get, but the parents already see that happening and one thing about having a popular show, you get alot of freebies (like her tummy tuck from a viewer/fan) so I'm sure there's free counseling that is offered too.
Jon knows that Kate is a control freak (some would call her extremely task oriented) and even though he gets frustrated with her, he admits that he is glad that she is that way because there is no way that they could keep that house going if it wasn't for her particular way of doing things. They both recognize their strengths and weaknesses and are at least putting the effort into working on the weaknesses. I think when some of these episodes are played back, they're horrified at how they act when they see themselves (like any of us would :) Even their oldest twin daughter didn't like how she behaved when she saw an episode played back so she's trying harder to improve her behavior.
I like the show. I think the night and day personality differences between the parents is hilarious!

NoCheezburgers said...

Yes, I love the complete human-ness of this show. Frankly, it cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

I have now been reading this post for so long that I feel like I'm reading blog re-runs!
I know your life isn't boring so what going on girl?

Anonymous said...

This is how idle the BeavBlog is. I has to watch Jon & Kate plus 8 reruns last night.

Anonymous said...

Brian and Beav should work on a joint, titled but no posts blog together. Ha!

To think, just months ago, I was given grief (in fun, of course) for not putting a blog online.

If I did, I'd be doing what I'm doing right now - talking to myself :) since all the mega-bloggers are all tuckered out...

Anonymous said...

Look how bad it's getting. Now I'm talking like one of the Gosling sextuplets.

I "has" to watch Jon & Kate......

NoCheezburgers said...

Ha! I can tell it's re-run season from all your comments! You are so funny!

Anonymous said...

I "has" to be funny. There isn't anything else going on around here...

What? That sunshine that you were so proud of in early spring-is it getting a little too hot now?

Is my little sister withering in the heat of a North Carolina June 6th?
Not even summer yet?

Yeah, Brian was sending me all the sunny pics from AZ in March and April. Haven't had anything sent since May...hmmmm? maybe a bit too scorched. Ha!

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)