
Season 2 of Flipping Out started this week - yeah! It features an OCD real-estate investor who is hilarious in all his OCD-ness. I especially love to watch him order food, but he never orders food himself. He usually has the house assistant do it for him (he has a total of three assistants and a housekeeper/cook). The guy knows he is OCD so I wonder if he knows the order is simply ridiculous so he'd rather his assistant get all the dirty looks from the servers instead of taking the direct hit himself (but it couldn't be any worse than how Adam orders his coffee :) ). I love the way this dude orders coffee and I quote, "Get me a grande, non-fat, no foam, 140 degrees, two-Splenda latte. Actually, make that 150 degrees so by the time you get here, I can drink it. And you know the deal, if they don't do Splenda, put in the Equal".
Frankly, I couldn't live with the stress of wondering if I was actually going to get all those things! You should see him order a soda! Not only that, but he hired an assistant to keep the refrigerator in order. All the labels have to be facing the front and in the same direction. He must always have the same amount of each item in the fridge too. He can't have 2 yogurts - there must always be 6 yogurts in the fridge, 2 orange juices, two V-8's, 5 martini olive jars, one Diet Dr. Pepper & one Diet Coke, and so on and so on. So, the assistant has to go to the store about three times a week so there is always the same number of items in the fridge at any given time. I could go on and on but if you just watch the show you will see all his eccentricities. The show is quite entertaining.
On another note (and this has nothing to do with the show other than I flipped out when I saw it), my daughter is pet-sitting for a neighbor and we went over there at 10 pm last night. When we pulled up to the house, this guy was standing in the middle of their yard with his dog and his dog was taking a dump in the yard. I was actually a little alarmed at first to see a stranger standing in the yard that late at night. He was not standing out in the street with his dog on the end of the leash and the dog wondered into the yard - the guy and his dog were standing smack in the MIDDLE of the yard. The word that popped into my brain? Yes, you guessed it - "Dude!" like in the Dude commercial. Translation - "What do you
think you're doing!". I couldn't help but wonder if he was letting his dog take a crap in his neighbors yard because he knew they were on vacation and they wouldn't know, or maybe he always walks his dog late at night and figures nobody will see him that late at night. Anyway, when we actually pulled into the driveway, he made a hasty retreat. Now, I don't have a dog, but if I did, I wouldn't let it crap in somebody's yard, much less go stand in the middle of the yard to do it - Dude!And on a completely different note, I think there is a nest in one of the bluebird boxes. I will have to check it out.
Another pointless remark: I am also enjoying So You Think You Can Dance. Last night I saw a couple who moved me so completely that I actually teared up because it was so beautiful. The dancers were Courtney & Gev - and I completely disagree with the judges on that one - they danced with such emotion and it really was quite an exceptional performance. When they were finished with their dance, the hostess of the show told them that she didn't know anything about dancing, but that she actually got chills. I agree. And unlike this year's Idol, this show has some real talent!
















5 comments:
Jeff has HUGE issues! He was interviewed on one of the major morning news programs and he made it sound like he was blowing up more than usual last year because of cash flow problems. He assured everyone that in the new season, he would be much calmer. I watched the premiere. Calmer? I don't think so!
He still blows up as much and frets over everything. The only difference is you hear his female assistant constantly reminding him to calm down and he controls himself for a total of about 30 seconds and then does his usual "flipping out". He could get medicated but it would probably affect him business/creativity-wise. It's is constant attention to detail and all of the wonderful ideas that he has swirling in his head that makes him so good at what he does. Well, I should say his hyper-attention to detail. In the construction industry, there are a lot of slackers and he flips these houses because he can get the job done but only because he stays on top of the slackers. Great tradesmen skill-wise but unreliable when it comes to hours put in and promptness.
I think EVERY person that has ever owned a home can identify with that.
I know there are exceptions in this industry but goofing off or not showing up is common.
He may be severely OCD but I don't know how he avoids going totally nuts dealing with these yahoo's every day!
I think the program is great!
I almost wanted to laugh when I was walking to the front door to let the poochies out. He was dragging his dog down the street practically. Sheeeeesh. It is kinda ridiculous how he can't go in his own yard.
I agree that he is totally crazy but he is really good at what he does. He will buy total dumps and turn them into some of the most exquisite homes I've ever seen.
Did you see this weeks episode? He told Courtney, that witchy owner of the 1920's restoration that he was terminating his services with her. Good for him. Maybe it will knock some reality in her and she'll have to BEG for him to come back. Did you see the picture that he gave his housekeeper for her birthday? Hilarious!
I like it when Idol doesn't have talent. It's funny, after all in the words of Krusty the Clown "...especially if your a funny looking person, who doesn't know he sucks!"
Post a Comment