It's really cool getting off at 1:00 every day, especially when your hubbie is off on Friday's and we can have the whole afternoon together. Today we made an afternoon
and evening of it. We went to see a movie "Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull". I actually wanted to see Iron Man but Dean wanted to see the Indie movie. The movie was ok and there were a few funny parts (like when Indie's son said "You're a
teacher!"). That was sort of cute. And while it wasn't knee-slapping funny when they threw the big snake at Indie when he was sinking into the sand, it was mildly humorous. You would have thought that they could make the crystal skull look, well, like
real crystal. It looked so ... plastic-y. Kind of lame. But hey, for an old guy - he's still in pretty good shape (as long as you don't catch sight of the flabby back-side of his upper arms like when he was getting hosed off in the movie but he's still in amazingly good shape for his age):


After the movie, we went to one of our favorite restaurants for prime rib - Lineberger's. They have the best, melt-in-your-mouth prime rib around. I am now so content I think I could purr. What a great day we had. I love being with my hubbie on date day/night. It was wonderful. Thanks sweetie! I love ya!
Oh, and by the way sis, YES, it's hot as heck down here. We are having a heat-spell. It was 98 degrees today! Whew!
P.S. There was a line in the Indie movie that makes one really think (if you aren't still in your 20's that is). It was "he's at that stage in life where it has stopped giving and is now taking away". I took that to mean more of a physical thing when you get old but it could be other things. It could actually be a stage in life for some people. Maybe it's a mindset. All I know is, I don't ever want to get there completely - physically or in any other way. Maybe some people never do. Life is good.
6 comments:
Oh, you should have gone to see Iron Man! I thought I warned you about Indy. I was so disappointed with the movie, especially since we and the kids were such Indy fans. Actually, we were Indy fanatics there for awhile.
Iron Man is awesome! I can't wait for you to see it. Dean will love it.
I agree about the Crystal Skull. If you're going to have that as part of the title of your movie then at least make it look real.
I thought the movie was monotonous and just regurgitated parts of the other Indy movies. The only thing remotely interesting was the ants scence and when that guy got sucked into the ant mound. Other than that, I had a hard time staying awake. I also couldn't get past Harrison Ford's pants. That kind of material was OK for the professor scenes but silk slacks for the action scenes looked ridiculous and made him look even older than he is in real life. Harrison should have had 100 % cotton khaki's on if he wanted to look realistic and cool.
Mike was bored too. I told the kids to wait to get it on Netflix to not pay full price. Oh, I thought I warned you! I saw it on Memorial Day!
You did! That's why I wanted to go see Iron Man - Dean wanted to see Indy though.
Since I get off work every day at 1:00, I will run up to Birkdale and see if by myself - Kaitlin has already seen it and even she said it was really good.
Don't go by yourself! Wait until you can go another date with Dean. Do a Fri afternoon matinee (cheaper) movie and if he doesn't like Iron Man, then you won't feel like you blew a huge wad of money. I didn't want to see Iron Man and Mike wanted to see Indy when we went on a 3 movies in 8 days movie binge. We started with Prince Caspian since we are Narnia fans on a Fri, (it was the first time out to the movies in 3 years) and we had such a good time that we went to another movie the following night. That was the big decision between Iron Man and Indy. The boys and Leah went on and on about Iron Man and we heard only good about the movie. I thought it was going to be a corny, guy movie but I caved and we saw Iron Man. It was so good and fun too! Mike loved the ending too. He's picking about endings, so he liked the the final words in the ending. You BOTH HAVE to go! We saw Indy a week later, on Memorial Day. I think it would have been better to see it before Iron Man. Compared to that, it made Indy even more boring.
What did you think of the ant scene in Indy?
Did you notice his frumpy, very uncool slacks in the action segments?
And was the Eastern European female "bad guy" character irritating or what?
Oh, I have to tell you about Indy's son, played by Shia LeBeouf. I have read about him for months, since he's the new, young star of the moment but I never heard his name pronounced. You might already know but if you don't, I think it's a very different name and even a more unexpected pronunciation. It's pronounced: Shy Le Buff
Isn't that unusual. I wonder what his background and nationality is. I'll have to look it up sometime.
Wow, you're on early! I started typing just a minute after you commented. It takes awhile for me to post since I'm not a fast typer like you!
Dean - Go see Iron Man !
I'm so sure that you will like it that if you don't, I'll send you a check for you and Pam's tickets. How can you lose on that one?
Mike said he is really looking forward to the movie season this summer. We are cutting back on eating out because we're trying to lose weight so we're using our restaurant money for more movies, since there's so many this summer.
Steve Carrel as Maxwell Smart for the Get Smart movie? Perfect casting.
Batman opening on July 18th. That is the movie that we have been waiting for all year. All of the Bare's will be at a movie theater somewhere on premiere night.
I could go on with a list a mile long but suffice to say, it's going to be a great summer at the movies!
(Oh, and we're not giving up dinner before or after the movie. That's a must! We're just cutting back on the during the week dinners and lunches)
No, I didn't really notice the pants - just his flabby upper arms - they looked like Oprah's and she even has a name for them but I forget what she calls them now. I didn't think much of the ant scene - I thought they should have eaten the guy (like piranhas) instead of carrying him down into the anthill. Dean doesn't read the blogs, so I will have to tell him of your offer - he's presently at Lowe's. I too hated the lady bad-guy. I kept wishing she would would have gotten eaten by the ants. I guess they will continue to have Indy movies now with Indy's son character.
The movie I have been waiting to see if BATMAN of course! Maybe I will get another lunchbox out of it! I am waiting on a new Harry Potter movie also - just love them!
Oh, I just remember what Oprah calls the flab that hangs off the back of her arms - they are her "Mattie Lou's".
Post a Comment