Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colbert - God Battle
Colbert Report - The Hummer
(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)
















34 comments:
Because I land on your blog first before going to other blogs/slideshows of my family members.
...and I just got home from that stupid storage unit again, looking for my summer clothes. It was too hot and we grabbed a couple of boxes and came home. I pooped now and taking a little break. When I take a little break, I usually peek at my sister's blog and then move on to K's.
Today, I'm dying to see if her one post has broke 40 comments. It was almost there yesterday.
Hey, you asked....
NIce. I do absolutly nothing-literally-i can fade from existence if i so choose.
This particular blog is a figment of your imagination because I am taking a nap!
How can you be taking a nap when you just put a comment when you said you are taking a nap? You should have said "I am going to take a nap" or "I have napped" or "I was napping". Sheesh, Mom, go back to grammar class. Duh. =P
Because the blog that you are currently reading is just a figment of your imagination :)
Oooh, if you're going to start calling us out on our grammar, you better check that big fat spelling error at the top of your blog. Hint: the word starts with an "O" :)
O? Oh, obessers? Sorry, I didn't know how to spell that. I just guessed. Is it spelled obessors? I wasn't even sure if that was word or not.
PS, I wasn't calling anyone out on spelling. I was calling Mother out on her grammar usage. Doicicles. =]
By the way, you two laugh a lot when you are the phone. Yes, that's right, I can here you from in here.
Yes, it's with an o, not an e.
Like I said on an earlier comment, your grandma was a retired English teacher and your dad can run circles around all of us in the grammar AND spelling dept., so we're going to hold you to a higher standard than the rest of us in the spelling and grammar!
To answer your question, yes, obsessor is a word.
You can hear laughing all the way from your room because your Auntie is incredibly funny and your mom is just overwhelmed with my sense of humor...what can I say? (yeah, I'm not humble-heh:)
Let's not forget just how loud you and I were laughing in the back seat on the way home from The Biltmore. It's a miracle that we didn't cause an accident on that one obnoxious evening :)
Ah, quick catch, K. Changed within minutes!
Kaitlin, your grammar is wrong. "here" should have been "hear". And again, this blog is a figment of your imagination...I was never here.
Yikes, is the summer heat getting to you guys? Hear instead of here is spelling, not grammar.
Grammar has to do with how a sentence is constructed...right Dean?
Not to be picky but since Grammar Queen started all of this, I have stooped to the level of picking at EVERYTHING today.
All in fun though. Let's not get mean about it. Only our usual, occasional sarcastic bent is allowed :)
Especially when it comes to me. Don't be picky with me...or you'll make me cry...
Well, no, I can't HEAR you from my room...well, yeah I can. I meant from in HERE in the kitchen area where the computer is since Mother won't let me have a computer in my room. And yes, the summer is getting to me a bit.
By the way, Mom, just to point out that you are constantly asking Dad and I about how to spell stuff-simple words I might add. I sometimes know how to spell it when Dad doesn't so be careful who you are pointing out spelling errors too. It might come back and bite you in the butt with this fun thing called "karma". *evil laughter complete with thunder, lightning, and horror film music*
I'm only joking...sort of.
You started it! Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah
I disagree - not a spelling error because she spelled the word correctly but used the wrong word.
She used, "can here" instead of can hear.
Are you saying that she should have said, "I heard" ?
Why is , "I can hear" using the word wrong. I seriously want to know.
Go ask Dean. We are asking for his input on so many things that his name is going to start taking on an academic bent, like at a college.
Hello everyone, this is my husband, who you probably all knew as an esteemed professor at one time but know he is the Dean of the Beaver English Department.
ha. I don't know what Mom is talking about, actually. "I can heard"? C'mon now guys. Stay with me. It is in the present tense so it is "I can hear(not "here", which is what I used)". Or, if I would have been speaking in the past tense(which would not be appropiate due to parallelism) "I heard"...Even "I hear" would be appropiate as well. Got it? Good.
OK, we have that one taken care of.
"Shoo fli, I mean flie, no Fly"
"Shoo Fly"
Heh, heh, we're so bad...
Ah, ah, ah...caught cha. Turning to the the Word Guru for wisdom? Ha!
You're competitive side is gushing all over the place.
Remember, we all read more than one or two blogs. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
You said you really wanted to know, no? Who else would know better than the Word Man himself?
Oops, the comment above is from beavermom - using another computer. By the way sis, were you going to do the same thing in consulting the Guru? Heh, heh
Guru hasn't answered yet but Dean can't remember what it is called either but he ssid it's not a spelling error and it's not grammar (although I still think it is a grammatical error but, hey, who am I - certainly not an expert, nor am I an English teacher).
No I did not mean "heard", I simply meant that she spelled the word "here" correctly but used it in the wrong way. The "way" is the word that I am trying to get from the Guru because I can't remember what it is called. For example some people say there for their incorrectly - they sound the same but mean two different things. Maybe I will ask the Dunigan Master of English!
I'm totally lost then. I might not be thinking of the same sentence. The sentence I'm thinking about has a spelling error and I would have the same response as Kaitlin in her post that has to do with spelling, present tense, past tense, etc.
I check Kellogg's blog every time I check yours. (well, not EVERY time) I click his off of yours. I'm curious when he will get to writing alot again.
I can't believe that you and Kaitlin's shortest posts of the year have generated the most comments!
She didn't spell the word "here" incorrectly. She used the wrong word, but she didn't misspell it, but that's just my view on it. You say tomato, I say tamato...you think she misspelled it, I think she was grammatically incorrect. I don't know who is right.
Isn't sound that enters the ear called "hear" not here?
hEAR, not here...
In K's sentence, the way she uses here the first time in the sentence would be incorrectly spelled.
What you're saying is that you are thinking that another word could be used in place of the first "here" that would make the sentence more grammatically correct?
(do you think I like to try to figure things out? :)
I hope M,L and Adam read the blog soon and weigh in. I would enjoy reading their input. It would be fun!
It was too hot and we grabbed a couple of boxes and came home. I pooped now and taking a little break.
I've weighed in on my blog comments (I agree with beaver mom), but I think the biggest error is one of omission. In all the discussion over spelling and grammar and here and hear, you missed the stinkiest and funniest mistake of them all. I wouldn't call it a spelling mistake or a grammar one . . . just a typo. I believe the intended sentence was "I am pooped," but as you all can see, that ain't what got typed.
That's hilarious.
I think the moral of the story is twofold: 1) He/she who is without sin should throw the first stone. 2) You should double check that it actually is a stone - someone may have just been so tired that they dropped the "am" . . . or dropped something else.
This was a debate between me & sis - it was not intended to be against the person who wrote the wrong word - we just love our really long discussions about nothing. Yes, you have found us out - we are total wackjobs.
A.K., that IS hilarious. I omit things all of the time. Yes, I usually check my mail and the blogs before bedtime, so I'm setting myself up for making a total fool of myself because I'm reading and writing when I'm tired. I usually don't care about omitting, spelling or grammar. We're all bored since you cut back on your writing and Michael stopped blogging all together.
I pooped. That's a good one.
You agree with Beavermom. On what?
Did she pay you to say that?
Kaitlin and I are being specific.
The rest of you knuckleheads are continuing to be way too vague. Let's get some substance! (but not of the stone-dropping variety)
If anything, this debate inspired you to write a comment that had Mike and I laughing out loud as I was reading it to him. I couldn't even read all of the words, without him laughing hysterically.
I wish you would write more. We miss it. (by the way, Michael get's part of his personality from his dad. Something has to be extremely funny to make them laugh out loud.) So, write some more, OK?
I agree wholeheartedly! I especially miss the humorous stories!
The last comment that I supposedly wrote about "World Man" or whatever...I didn't write that. And MY competitive side is showing? How so? But anyways, who's using my ID to comment? That's a bit rude!!!
Oh my bad, it's "word" man not "world" man. Whatever. Same thing. =]
Beavermom was being referred to as competitiive. kb-your auntie made that comment to your mom.
Beavermom commented immediately after the Word Guru comment, saying that she used the wrong computer or something and that Kaitlin's name was used instead of Beavermom's. I think it was on the 11th.
I think we scared A.K. away by telling him that 2 sis's are debating. We're debating for fun.
It's 1:30 am and I'm getting ready to go out of town all next week so I had better ck a couple of posts and then go nighty-night. I hope I'm not too tired and repeat a bodily function on the internet like the last time I blogged when I was tired:)
Wow. Why did I just waste 5 minutes reading all of that?
Post a Comment