Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Sweet 16!

Today is Kaitlin's 16th Birthday!!! Guess where she wants to go eat for her birthday. No really, just guess. Nope...nope...nope! OK, she wants to go eat at KFC for her special birthday supper - no, really. I told her she could choose any place she wanted to go and she chose KFC. Well, I guess we are going to KFC tonight! :) We are waiting until Saturday to have her party so she is looking forward to that. I will let her tell you all about what she got for her birthday. We are going to have the party out on the back deck because it spans the entire back of the house so it is perfect for entertaining. We bought some torches at Lowe's to put around the deck so it would be cool-looking (coolness is an essential part of a teenage party you know) and of course there will be cake and eats galore.

I'm also catching up on a few things around here at the Beaver Dam so below is a picture of Dean opening his Father's Day present: two pair of Dockers (he loves Dockers):



Sheesh! Always trying to get in on the act!

One more thing that I am absolutely ecstatic about - we have Bluebirds in one of the boxes! There are four eggs in the box! It takes 1-6 days to build the nest, 5-7 days to lay the eggs (I know it took her more than one day because two days ago there was only one egg in the nest) so Mommy Bluebird has been very busy. It will take another 12-14 days until the eggs hatch. The Mommy Bluebird is such a good little birdy. She has been diligently sitting on her nest and often I can see her sitting with her head sticking partly out of the hole in the box. It's kind of funny but endearing at the same time. She reminds me of a dog sitting in her doghouse and peering out at the world. Here's a pic of the eggs!



Here is a pic of the nest - made entirely out of pine needles and built very neatly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a post!
Kaitlin's 16th birthday
A picture of Dean (he obviously doesn't know it's posted on your blog)
Bluebirds! You know how much I like hearing about your bluebirds!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caldair said...

Yeah, tell Kaitlin I said happy birthday, retroactive to June 25th, 2008...

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)