I promised Kaitlin that I would post her pictures from her 16th Birthday party so here is a slideshow of it above (sis, I included the pictures of the hairstyle I am getting for my next haircut). As Kaitlin stated in her blog, my sister came down from Wheaton to surprise Kaitlin for her birthday. It was SO good to see you sis. You don't know how much I needed that (and Kaitlin too)! We went to see a movie one afternoon and during the movie, sis slipped me a piece of paper. I peered at the note in the dark and read "I'm glad you are my sister". She knows I'm a big sap so she must have been trying to make me cry! :) We had such a good time while she was down here and she is just really good energy to be around - very uplifting kind of person and very loving. I know I always say this, but it's a real bummer that we don't live closer together because we're not just sisters, but really good friends as well. The bad thing about it is, I know she will always be in Wheaton and I also know that Dean and I will always be in North Carolina. Blast it!
Well, it's been over a year since my left thyroid was taken out and the surgeon slipped and accidentally cut the nerve to my voice box. The nerve was immediately repaired but I was told that the chances of it being 100% normal again were good. It didn't. My voice has gotten better than it was, but I guess it will always sound scratchy now - kind of like I'm getting a cold. It's kind of annoying and I sort of feel like I sound like an old woman when I try to speak but what are ya gonna do? Stuff happens.
Well, next weekend is finally almost upon us. It's the weekend we go to Topsail and I am so excited that I'm already having trouble sleeping. If I was a dog, I would be running around in circles. Woof! Hey, I'm just reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllly excited. The house sits directly on the beach. When we go down the back steps, we are literally on the beach! I am going to take one HUGE "chill pill" when we get there. Just me, my umbrella and a good book on the beach - the rest of you are on your own! :) Of course, Dean loves to fish and I love to watch him fish (from my beach chair that is). I used to love to fish but haven't done so in years - I'm much too lazy now when I go to the beach. I give new meaning to the word chillaxin (I love it when spell-check always hightlights this word)! Not only that, but I'm getting paid to go to the beach. Even though I'm just part time, the church I work for gives me two weeks of paid vacation every year, plus a bunch of paid holidays. I haven't looked at the calendar for the entire year, but I know I get over a week just for Christmas! Pretty good benefits for a part-timer. OK, now that I've said "I'm going to the beach" a zillion times, I'll change the subject now. But did I tell you how excited I am to be going to the beach? :) I want to LIVE there!!!!!!!!!!
I have tried not to bother Mother Bluebird while she has been nesting on the eggs, but the babies may be hatched by now. I will check on her one more time and take a pic of the babies for you all and post it before I go the the beach next weekend. Then I will leave them alone again until they "fly the coop". Every time I drive in or out of the driveway, she pops her little head out of the hole to see what's going on. I also noticed Daddy Bluebird bringing food to the nest so he is doing his part as well. He is a beautiful specimen - very bright blue and wonderful to look at!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colbert - God Battle
Colbert Report - The Hummer
(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)
















2 comments:
I know, we're Wheatonites to the core
and you live in a part of the country where you have great weather most of the year so you're right, we'll just have to accept the fact that we won't live close and we will always be sending sappy notes to each other in movie theaters :)
I will have to admit though, when you live far away and then go visit family, the excitement of seeing each other is an adrenalin rush like no other! (that is, if you get along with the family you're visiting - Ha! - safe to say, in our case, we get along quite well:)
Who's the crazy lady in the b-day pics?
What a nice birthday party and even a nicer group of young men and ladies! I enjoyed meeting them. We would love to return in the fall to see the band perform. I was so impressed by their perfomance that I watched on tv at your house. Most people do not realize the grueling amount of work that goes into preparing for something like that. Since you and I were in a military show corp when we were young, we can appreciate the work that goes into a performance of that magnitude.
Hats off to the band director and support staff from the high school.
I'll comment on your Topsail vacation AFTER you have returned and have posted 50 pictures, rubbing it in what a wonderful vacation you had. We all KNOW you're going to have a great time. I mean, let's face it. Topsail. Beachfront house. You can hardly go wrong with that combo!
As for your nicked voicebox. I think it is more noticeable to you than to others. You sounded like Katherine Hepburn when you first had surgery (which in my mind would not be a bad thing because I loved Hepburn) but now, you're voice is just softer, more whispery. I think you sounded sweet before surgery and even sweeter now. We'll call you the "Bluebird Whisperer".
Hey, maybe now that I have that gravely sort of voice, I should start singing (and before you say anything my little Katey-bird - there are a lot of people out there that have huge record labels and can NOT sing)! Ha!
Yeah sis, it sure was good to spend time together. I keep wishing for tea times together (yes, folks - women really do have tea time) or run out and get lunch together or go shopping together or just hang at each other's house. That's what we've missed out on all these years but like I said - that's life. And you keep on sending those sappy notes, OK!
Post a Comment