
Dean and I got up early this morning and went to the Farmer's Market. There used to just be one in Lincolnton, but they started one on this end of the county so I got up and made a huge cup of Raspberry Mocha Latte to take with me and off we went. I think it's a lot of fun going to an outdoor market. There are so many fresh, yummy and relatively cheap options. Today we picked out some gorgeous blackberries, a ginormous head of cabbage, sweet corn, green beans, crowder peas, tomatoes, cukes, squash and an oversized cantaloupe. It's gonna be some gooooood eatin' this week! Tonight we are going to grill some hamburger steaks and corn on the cob and fry some squash and cut up the cantaloupe. Can't wait!
Dean received his incentive check this week so after we brought all our goodies
home, we were off to Best Buy so Dean could buy a camera. He picked out a Canon Xsi SLR. Very cool but I would never be able to work it - too complicated for me. I will just stick with my little and easy digital camera. For as small as it is, it takes great pics. Kaitlin is interested in photography so we are
signing her up for the photography class offered by Best Buy where they will teach her how to use it. Here is a pic of my new camera - a Canon Cybershot. It is all touchscreen and so easy to use a monkey could do it. I just love it and it's red (preeettty).Then we headed to Staples and Dean bought me a new chair that really supports my back. We are getting rid of the worn-out recliner that sits in our bedroom and I will sit in the "office" chair to watch TV and use my computer because Dean also got me a little desk to put my computer equipment on. Here is a pic of my new chair (it
Anyway, now it will be easier for me to play with and organize all my digital pics, work on my recipe book, blog, etc. Isn't Dean a sweety! I finally have my own little space to do my hobbies on. The desk is cool because it has a side credenza that folds back into the desk when it is not being used.
I don't know why but we all piled into the bedroom while Dean was putting the desk together. I sat in my new chair watching and Kaitlin plopped down in our bed and wrote in her journal. Here are pics of the whole process!
















5 comments:
I like that camera. That's a very nice camera.
I think that's Mike's camera! It's looks just like his. He and Leah got one a year or so ago. They are both good with those real complicated camera's. Well, complicated for me, fun for them. I just like to push a button and have the camera do the work for me. Mike, Michael and Leah like to do all the creative things with photography (as you can see on their slide show or of pictures at their house).
Wow, you were on a major shopping spree this weekend!
I like the bluebird picture. Any babies peeking out yet?
Yes, that's the one. I had Mike look at the pic on your blog and that's his camera (well, actually the pic is of Dean's camera but Mike has one just like it!) Dean, Mike and Leah can all use their Canons while you and I enjoy our little point and shoot digitals:)
Hey! Like your sis said, that's the camera I have, too, and I LOVE it. Since it's an SLR, it takes pics super fast, without that "digital delay." Good stuff! There are tons of features on it that I'm still playing around with and learning about, but Dean will love it, I'm sure. And K will have a super fun time taking that class...I'd love to do something like that.
We went to the Valpo farmer's market a couple of weeks ago and it was WEAK!!! All of that stuff you bought weren't even at our Farmer's market. I guess that's what you get for a monster small town (which is ironic because we have farms ALLLLL around here...mmhh)...glad you had such a fun time! :)
-L
Kaitlin is really excited about taking the class. I don't like complicated though - I like my easy little camera. Everything is done on the touchscreen with mine -there are no longer any buttons on the outside of the camera that I have to play with except to just snap the picture. It is so cool. I'm waiting on a full moon so I can play with the night settings on my camera since Dean bought me a little tripod.
Yes, we love our little farmers market. You can also buy flowers and plants there too. I think they even have some people selling jewelry too but I just go for the great produce.
Post a Comment