Monday, July 21, 2008

The Culmination of Our Fictional Reality















OK, who of us hasn't gone to the beach and fantasized that this was their reality? That you wish you lived there and could chill like this every day. That this must be how the other half lives. Doing nothing. And that's basically what we did at the beach all week. Nothing. And that's the way we like it when we go on vacation.

Oh, we did go out to eat about three times, I think, and we went to a local book store on Thursday that was pretty cool. Other than that, we chilled. Chilled under the umbrella, chilled takin' a nap, chilled reading a book, taking pictures, etc. Dean bought me a mini-tripod for my camera so next year I can take better night pictures. Weather-wise it was a beautiful week and it was one of the most relaxing weeks we've had - yeah, it was wonderful.

I can say that Dean had a very successful fishing week this year. He caught fish every day and went often so I think he really enjoyed himself too. The girls - well, they said they had fun but who knows. They pretty much stayed down on the first floor and only came up for food when necessary and went for a token walk on the beach or a quick splash in the ocean. They pretty much did the chill-thing too all week.

Then reality comes crashing down and slams you in the face. Vacation is over as suddenly as it began. How did it go by so fast, especially when you wait SO LONG for it to arrive? Oh Time, you are a cruel,cruel mistress!

1 comment:

NoCheezburgers said...

I would definitely LOVE to see a throwdown! Should we start planning for next year????

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)