Monday, August 18, 2008

Crappy Day at the Beaver Dam "No Pun Intended"


OK, so the one place you don't want to be when you spot a spider that is a little too close for comfort is on the toilet. I mean really. I'm sitting there minding my own business when I see something move. I look up and see a spider crawling along the floor next to my sink vanity. Then, as if it has spotted me with all it's creepy little eyes, the hairy thing makes a beeline straight toward me. What to do, what to do! I quickly reach for the air-freshener and point it straight at the ugly thing terrorizing me this morning. Then the little sucker makes an about-face and heads in the opposite direction - as if it knows it is outmatched with the can of air-freshener. I usually keep my closet door closed so the cats won't go in there and puke (gross) but it was cracked open slightly this morning (not as if the critter couldn't crawl right under the door even if it was closed). The thing scurried away from me and swiftly crawled through the little crack in the door and straight into my closet. Oh no! I have to get it before it disappears! Well, I try to hurry but uh, well, you know. When I was done, I slowly opened the door and peered cautiously inside to see if I could spot the little beast. It was nowhere to be found!

Well, I needed to get ready for work so I had to forgo looking for the ghastly little creature until another time (maybe later I can send in a search party, rescue squad, call the militia)! Finished getting ready, I purposefully strode out of my bedroom and made a quick cup of Mocha Nut Fudge coffee. Glancing at my watch, I was happy to note that I was right on time. I headed toward the door and there to greet me in all it's glory was a large piece of cat pooh laying on the carpet at the front door. Ugghh! This day just keeps getting better and better.

I worked at a feverish pace today (something I usually don't have to do at my new job) but at least it did make the day go faster. Before I knew it, it was time to go home. Normally I would be quite enthused - even celebrating my early times leaving every day, but today I had to go get a cavity filled. I haven't had to do that in over 25-30 years. Maybe more, but who's counting. I forgot that the shot really does hurt and for some reason, he gave me two (OK, so I'm a big baby, so sue me)! I was so numb that I couldn't even feel my ear. I also forgot how much I hated the sound of the drill - I swear it is like fingernails scratching a chalkboard - or running an emory board across your teeth! Awful. The numbness is finally wearing off - yeah! I can finally eat some supper - at 8:30 pm! OK, so I'll finally quit complaining about my day - except I wonder where the little creepy crawly went? Is it content to lie in one of my shoes? Maybe hiding in the sleeve of a blouse or setting up house in one of my pant legs??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is finally the pay back for all those times that you chased me with granddaddy long-legged spiders when we were little.
I think you should name the hairy little guy and make him a pet....

Anonymous said...

OK, it's Harry

Anonymous said...

You can come up with something better than that...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can give him a name that will represent what you will be doing when you put an article of clothing on a feel a little "wiggle".
How about EEEK?

Anonymous said...

It would be more than EEK - I'm a huge phobe now with the beastly little things!

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)