Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Ride


Ups and downs at the Beaver Dam in the last week:

DOWN: Wednesday - Had cavity filled (now it's a week later and I still can't eat anything on that side of my mouth)!

UP: Thursday - Found out that my schedule was approved to have every Friday off!

UP: Friday - Went to the first high school football game of the season and watched Kaitlin's Band perform the opening of their show.

DOWN: Saturday - Back went "out" again. Then got the 24-hr stomach flu.

UP: The weather has been in the low 80's without the humidity the last two weeks - dog days are over!

DOWN: Sunday - still sicky-poo and I still don't know what to get hubbie for our Anniversary which is 9/03!

UP: Sunday - found out Karla & Mike are coming down in October!

DOWN: Monday - No sleep last night - none, zip, zilch, zero. I took a BC Powder last night because my back was hurting. Dean told me the next day that they contain a lot of caffeine. Well, I guess it wasn't my back keeping me awake!

UP: Tuesday - Just had 1/2 pint of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra ice cream and followed it with a Butter Toffee Latte chaser! Hey, who needs sleep when you've got sugar and caffeine!

DOWN: Still don't know where that dang spider is that creepy-crawled into my closet!

But hey! Don't worry. Be happy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karamel Sutra is the BEST!
I got hooked on that last year.
Before that, it was always Baskin Robbins Gold Medal Ribbon. I stuck with that for so long because of the amount of caramel in it. I'm a caramel freak.
Karamel Sutra has so much caramel through the whole...center...of ...the...container! Aghh!
Wish I could have sugar now! I finally put that ice cream out of my mind. Thanks for putting it back in there so I can go crazy obsessing on it :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your back is bothering you so much...
Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I could eat the whole pint in one sitting - I had to force myself to put it back in the freezer! :)

Anonymous said...

That's why I referred to my experience with Karamel Sutra as something in the past. I CANNOT put it back in the freezer :)

NoCheezburgers said...

The Cherry Garcia is my second favorite...

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)