Monday, August 4, 2008

Bow Wow


OK, all you folks who live up North - it's time to talk some smack. We are in the Dog Days of summer down here in the South and well, it's just dang hot. It's the time of the year that I actually wished it was winter. Go ahead - don't hold back...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA
I love it. It's funny, we haven't heard Brian bragging about AZ weather...since it was winter!

So you Carolinians are in the same boat as Southwestern Brian - oh wait a minute, can you be in a boat right now? Is there any water left in your part of the world?

Sorry to depress you but we had a high of 83 over the weekend with NO humidity.
SMACK

It was so nice strolling the grandson all over downtown and through the park and having ice cream and enjoying the ice cream for the taste of the ice cream not because you're running to find a place to avoid heat stroke.

SMACK

Anonymous said...

You must have to have heavy duty, commercial grade air conditioners since your A/C HAS to run 24/7.

SMACK

Anonymous said...

Why don't you cool off at the neighborhood pool. Oh yeah, you have the same problem as Brian. Can't take those sandals off next to the pool, the concrete is too hot. Don't want seared footsies. Oh, and those steel ladders to get in and out of the pool are little too hot right now

SMACK

Anonymous said...

Oh, I could go on forever, well at least until winter.

NoCheezburgers said...

That's OK. I can put up with one month of Dog Days versus your entire season of frozen monkeys!

Anonymous said...

If I had to pick an extreme, it would be the cold.
You can always put an extra layer on
but you can only get so naked....:)

NoCheezburgers said...

Touché, dear seester, touché!
*lick smack drool lick lick*

Anonymous said...

You DO realize now that you've read that last comment back to yourself that you're writing in the "Joker" mindset but following my naked post is, well, kind of gross!
Delete, delete!

NoCheezburgers said...

Ewwww! That IS gross - sorry. I was indeed being the Joker but it certainly backfired! :)

Anonymous said...

:)

About said...

I'm totally with kbee...I'd MUCHO rather have our blistery winter days than the heatiest of heat. We were in AZ over the weekend and I couldn't stand the heat. I just love fall/winter fashion, bundling up in a HUGE comforter, getting warm by a fire in a REAL fire place (we have the fake kind with the glass over it and it kills me!)...ah, yes, I'd much rather have those things in the winter and suffer through scraping off my car than our bad season be swelteringly hot.

You have pretty nasty humidity down there, too, don't you? Ah, yes, the dog days of summer...your dog days do last shorter than our dog days of winter, which is nice, but I still wouldn't want to trade :) Like you sis says, you can only get so naked :)

About said...

(and if you couldn't tell, that was from L, not M) :) But I figure you can probably tell our writing styles apart :)

Anonymous said...

They both like using the word naked.

Western Carolina Band Competition

Colbert - God Battle

Colbert Report - The Hummer

(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)