I saw this video (see above-Starbucks Church) and it made me laugh, but it also made me think because I've often been in the same spot as this couple was in the video because we visited a lot of churches when we first moved to our new house. (I don't know anything about the organization "Beyond Relevance.com" that is posted at the end of the video to be able to endorse it or distance myself from it, but thought the video itself was funny.)
I realize the video is totally tongue-in-cheek, but it really makes you think about why we do the things we do in church. I realize that the times "they are a changin'." They always are. The message must stay the same (Gospel) but the method of delivery has got to be relevant.
Anyway, don't be offended by this video. Just look at it as a thought/discussion provoker. I'd like to know your thoughts about the topic.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colbert - God Battle
Colbert Report - The Hummer
(Warning: this clip has some language in it). This is funny because so many people in our neighborhood and area drive Hummers. But unlike this clip, people in our area do not take them offroad - like in the movie "Cars"! I'm sure people curl their lips in disdain when we drive by in our Hyundai and our Ford! :)
















3 comments:
Did you catch the "javaluiah"? Hilarious.
Great video...so true.
There's a lot of churches like that out there. Thankfully, there's some left that don't go for that nonsense.
It reminds me of a little framed saying that I used to have displayed on my living room end table. It said, "Christ is the head of this house." Brian one day said, "Mom, do we have to have that out on display?" I asked him what was wrong with it. He replied, "If we and other people don't know who the head of this house is, then we're in trouble."
I didn't display it after that.
I almost became a part of the silly bumper sticker crowd but my son pulled me back - ha!
Post a Comment